Sitting comfortably but upright, feel your weight on the chair or cushion and relax
into it. Imagine breathing in and out through your navel, taking a few deep breaths to
settle in. Let your attention gather at a point at the base of your spine, imagine it as a
point of energy. Notice what sensations you feel there.
- Move your attention to the crown of the head, imagine a point of energy there. Notice
what sensations you feel. Feel these two points align, connected by a line of light,
inside the body near the spine. Allow energy to move freely between these two points.
- Let your attention come to rest at a point of balance along this line, deep within you,
at the center of your being.
- From this center of your being, imagine the line of light extending downward through
your legs and feet, relaxing the toes and sinking into the earth. Breathing out, let all
tension and fatigue run down this line into the earth.
- Breathing in, imagine drawing up, through the soles of your feet, fresh, transformed
earth energy. Allow it to fill your whole body from the feet up to the crown of your head,
bringing a feeling of being supported and cradled by the solidity of the earth. Return
your attention and your breathing to the center of your being. Imagine the line of light
rising to the crown of your head and above, out into the clear blue sky, to the heavens.
Breathe in fresh air.
- Allow light and clearness from the heavens to radiate down the line of light to fill the
whole body. Breathe into the center of your being and feel the two energies, from the
earth and the sky, mingling. From this center let your attention be on your breath moving
in and out (using one of the focuses suggested above).
Next Topic: Taoist Meditation Methods
are developed and maintained
Send mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with
comments about this web site.
All Rights Reserved.