This is a wonderful compilation of heart touching stories that teach the
fundamental principles of life. This has been inspired from various sources like
Internet, magazines and books related to character building.
Raju Baby Thaluvachira, a Sunday school teacher in India originally prepared this compilation for giving his Sunday School students on 14th Aug 2005 (on the eve of the Independence Day in India) for extra reading.
It is a great collection.
Character and success, taking personal responsibility, life is matter of choice,
love, marriage, child-upbringing, relationships, attitudes, how to do what you
want to; risk, courage, generosity…are some of the many subjects covered in this
small booklet through the medium of life inspiring short stories / anecdotes.
From among these stories that teach us the principles of life, even if a single
one touches the heart of a person, then it can bring a complete change in the
life of that person. And so, this is not just a gift of book – it’s the Gift of Life.
Table of Contents
1. The Secret Lies Within (Character and
success emerge from one’s heart)
2. Take Responsibility For Your Actions (By
correcting ourselves, we help others correct themselves)
3. Learn to Choose Life (Life is a matter of
4. People Are What You Are (You are as you
5. You See The Way You Are (When our
paradigms change, our life too changes.)
6. How To Achieve, What You Want To (Where
there is a will there is a way.)
7. Save Money Or Save Children? (You are
what you do.)
8. You Are Very Valuable To My Life ( You
make a difference to this world)
9. Life Is Valuable (Never let yesterday’s
disappointments overshadow tomorrow’s dreams)
10. Investment Of Time Buys Love (Decision
to have a child is to accept that your heart will forever walk outside your
11. Should We Take Risk Or Not? (Those who
refuse to risk, do not grow.)
12. Abraham Lincoln Never Quit ( An
inspiring story on the virtue of persistence)
13. The Gift Of Love (There is no
possession anyone can hold)
14. Mom, Will You Wrap Me With Your Scarf?
(Love is what we do and what we don’t)
15. No Charge (Love filled actions should
always be unconditional)
16. A Principle For Relationship (Through
relationships, we find who we are.)
17. Don’t Cry, We Are With You (Always
strive for the benefit of all)
18. Who Wins In A Divorce? (In
relationship, either both win or both lose.)
19. Could Your Shoes Fit Anyone Else?
(Advice based on correct diagnosis is what helps.)
20. My Son Doesn’t Listen To Me….. (Seek to
understand first, then to be understood.)
21. The Most Important Question (Every
person is as valuable as you are.)
22. The Precious Gift (Help to those alive,
is the best way to remember the dead)