By Robert Elias Najemy
Some Possible Causes Might Be
1. Poor dietary habits which create a toxic build-up in the
2. A lack of proper nutrients.
3. Weakness in the immune system.
4. Emotional problems which suppress the body's defense.
5. Over use of antibiotics.
6. Viruses - Bacteria.
EFFECTIVE NATURAL SOLUTIONS
When First Symptoms Appear
1. Vitamins - Immediately take plenty of vitamin C. You can
take about a total of 3000 mg a day in small doses ? say 200 mg
at a time, which would mean 15 tablets a day.
Zinc is also a good immune enhancer. From 20 to 40 mg of Zinc
can be taken daily until the cold subsides.
It is better to take both of these in tablet form so that you
can suck on them and dissolve them in the mouth. In this way,
the active power of these two substances can be absorbed by the
cells of the mouth and throat area and thus strengthening the
power of the cells to protect themselves.
2. Immediately cleanse the nostrils and gargle with salt. If the
cold continues after the first day, then discontinue the
washing of the nostrils but continue 3 or more times a day
gargling with salt or lemon water.
3. Avoid eating solid food, especially cheese, milk and all
dairy products, as well as white flour, white sugar and any
products made from them. They form excess mucus, which increases
the symptoms of the cold.
4. Drink plenty of liquids especially fresh citric fruit juices:
oranges, lemons, grapefruits, as well as herb teas, and
5. If you feel very hungry and must eat, then the best food
would be a raw salad or a hot, spicy soup. A very effective soup
is onion soup made from onions, garlic, cayenne pepper, cinnamon
and other spices. (Not if you have ulcers.)
6. For those who are familiar with stomach cleansing with
slightly salty water, this is very effective for removing
accumulated mucus from the body. (Not if you have an ulcer).
7. An enema is also effective in helping the body purify itself
of accumulated toxins.
8. Get plenty of rest and do plenty of deep relaxation. Also
perform any exercises you feel up to doing. They will facilitate
the renewal of the body's vital energies and thus its ability to
9. Keep your body warm and protected from drafts.
10. Shiatsu massage of the neck and head can be miraculously
relieving and beneficial. (Reflexology can be used to free up
IF THE COLD CONTINUES
11. Continue with the vitamins taking up to 3000 mg of C. and up
to 30 mg of Zinc per day until the symptoms disappear. If the
cold lasts more than a week, then you might want to check with a
doctor as to why your body is not healing itself.
Other antioxidants such as vitamins E, A and Selenium and
various enzymes such as Super Dioxide Dismutase may also be
12. Continue to avoid solid food as much as possible. Drink
plenty of juices and broths. If you feel very hungry, eat raw
salad or hot spicy soup.
13. Take occasional hot baths (covering yourself well
14. Slow deep breathing will re-energize your body. Breathe as
slowly as you can, letting as little air as possible pass
through the nostrils. Gradually they will open up.
15. Do not continue with the cleaning of the nostrils, but do
continue with frequent gargling.
16. Gentle exercises can open up the nostrils and also the flow
of energy in the body.
17. Use deep relaxation to imagine the body's defense system
healthy and powerful and invincible.
18. Be happy and relaxed.