Twenty Ways To Being Happy
By Kathleen Whitmer
- Believe there is calmness at the center of all of us.
- Know that the mind is peaceful until made to be otherwise.
- Believe you have the right to be happy.
- Realize that every feeling you have is preceded by a thought.
- Be aware of the bewildering array of ego pursuits that surround us.
- Work to be around positive people.
- Know that you were created to be content.
- Know that nothing has to go right for you to be at peace.
- Remember that there are no permanent mistakes.
- Take others as they are. Help when a way to help is clear. See innocence in mistakes.
- Remember that haste makes unhappiness. Give yourself more time to do things.
- Start identifying people and places that cause unhappiness.
- Avoid working to defeat people who disagree with you.
- Forgive. Know that to forgive you need do nothing, it is an act of the heart, not the body. Let go, give up, cease to harbor.
- Know that when any judgmental train of thought ends, the damage it caused to the mind ends with it.
- Try to look upon the world the way we allow ourselves to look at a child.
- Work to enjoy the present.
- Realize that everyone has the key to being content but few use it. The key is our undeveloped mental focus.
- Avoid the world motto "do little and expect much". Trade it in for "work hard but expect very little".
- Remember that a gentle vision makes a more gentle world.
[Holistic Living Home][Holisticonline
are developed and maintained
Send mail to: email@example.com with
comments about this web site.
All Rights Reserved.