Ten Ways To Feel Good About Your Life
By Kathy Gates, Professional Life Coach
Feeling good about your life involves just 2 parts:
The first part of feeling good about your life involves learning to think about yourself in healthy ways. This is a learned
skill not something that a lucky few were born with.
Some of us were taught as children how to create self esteem and self confidence. If you weren't, then it's up to you to learn it as an adult. This is a skill that can be developed by anyone (yes, you too!).
The second part of feeling good about your life involves "making things happen". Seeing yourself being successful - at anything! - builds the blocks of confidence. So the next time you are faced with a difficult task, you have effectively taught yourself that you can handle it.
Here are 10 Ways To Feel Good About Your Life:
1. Never stop questioning. Every time you feel frustrated with a task, ask yourself, "How does this task fit in with my ultimate goals?" "How can I do this better, faster, easier, simpler, and even more fun?"
2. Don't give up on life. Be interested and curious about yourself and about others. Don't assume that's "just the way it is". Look for the choices behind your results.
3. Accept your weakness. Everybody has them (yes, everybody!). Instead of spending your time and energy trying to "overcome", make friends with it, and make it work for you. Where would NYPost Columnist Liz Smith be without her "weakness" for gossip?
4. Don't stop learning. The brain is a muscle just like any other, and it will stagnate if you let it. Make it your rule to learn something new every day. Then USE what you learn to make your life better.
5. Expect nothing; expect the best. Paradox? No. It just means that you don't want to miss out on what's wonderful in your life right now, while you spend all your time peeking around the next corner.
6. Don't lie to yourself.. Telling lies to yourself is the most harmful form of disrespect. Write out ways in which you are untruthful to yourself, and how to correct it. "I will no longer pretend that overspending my budget is ok".
7. Do plant what you want to grow. Many, many people are (figuratively) wondering where the roses are in their life, yet they spend all their time planting and nourishing weeds. You reap what you sow. That's just the way it is.
8. Don't live in the past. Let go of things that are draining you. There's nothing there anymore that you can change or correct -- that can only be done in the present. Use Today.
9. Swim with the current. Don't waste your time complaining about what you can't control - like other people. Concentrate on what you CAN control, like who you hug, what you read, when you smile, how much you laugh, where you go, what you do, what you think about.
10. Stand like a Rock. You know what's right for you --be willing to stand up for what's right for you.
Kathy Gates, Professional Life Coach, believes that "Life Can Be Easy". She can help you create goals, overcome procrastination, organize your time and money, find your true passion, and learn to love the real you. Kathy is author of the Ebook,"7 Secrets to a Great Life", has an Ezine and several Coaching Programs available. Visit
http://www.reallifecoach.com, or call 480.998.5843.