Compiled By Julie Jordan Scott
A Proverb is a well known saying which, when spoken or read,
rings with truth, depth and a call to personal application. The
Biblical Book "Proverbs" was written by the wisest (and richest!) man
in the world, King Solomon, who also wrote one of the most
sensual books in the Bible, Song of Songs (or Song of Solomon).
The Proverbs I chose were collected from all over the world and
all have "love" as a theme.
As you read through the Proverbs, your challenge is to choose
one to use as a framework for pondering, reflection, contemplation,
creative journaling, poetry or art.
Allow the message to seep into your veins and find its way
towards your heart and back out into your being and then
be sent out from you, with your personal thumbprint, to others.
1. One who loves the vase loves also what is inside.
2. In order to really love someone you must love him as though he
was going to die tomorrow.
3. Where there is love there is no darkness.
Burundi Proverb from Burundi
4. Love and let the world know, hate in silence.
5. When one is in love, a cliff becomes a meadow.
6. The first love letters are written with the eyes.
7. An old one who is loved is winter with flowers.
German Proverb (also attributed as a Portuguese Proverb)
8. The heart that loves is always young.
9. Love is like fog -- there is no mountain on which it does not rest.
10. It is love that makes the impossible possible.
11. Love rules without rules.
12. Where there is love, there is peace.
13. Love makes labor light.
Dutch Proverb from Netherlands
14. A heart in love with beauty never grows old.