Contributed by Mathew Chacko
- A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
- A rhinoceros horn is made of compacted hair.
- The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896.Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
- A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.
- Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
- Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
- The word 'stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
- Shakespeare invented the word "assassination" and "bump."
- Marilyn Monroe had six toes (not that anybody really noticed).
- If you keep a Goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
- The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the English language.
- The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
- The word "lethologica" describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
- TYPEWRITER, is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
- If the population of China walked past you in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
- A snail can sleep for 3 years.
- China has more English speakers than the United States.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- Vatican City is the smallest country in the world, with a population of 1000 and a size 108.7 acres.
- Did you know you share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world.
- "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- No president of the United States was an only child.
- The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one-mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.
[Holistic Living Home][Holisticonline
are developed and maintained
Send mail to: email@example.com with
comments about this web site.
All Rights Reserved.