Informative, and General Reading
Ten Steps To True Happiness
A team of experts believe that they have found the essential
ingredients to make a person's life happier.
The happiness team included psychologist Dr Richard Stevens,
psychotherapist Brett Kahr, work place specialists Jessica Pryce-Jones
and Philippa Chapman, social entrepreneur Andrew Mawson OBE and Richard
Reeves, whose expertise spans philosophy, public policy and economics.
Based on best knowledge and research, the team came up with a 10-point
plan for happiness listed below.
The 10 steps to happiness
1. Plant something and nurture it
2. Count your blessings - at least five - at the end of each day
3. Take time to talk - have an hour-long conversation with a loved one
4. Phone a friend whom you have not spoken to for a while and arrange to
5. Give yourself a treat every day and take the time to really enjoy it
6. Have a good laugh at least once a day
7. Get physical - exercise for half an hour three times a week
8. Smile at and/or say hello to a stranger at least once each day
9. Cut your TV viewing by half
10. Spread some kindness - do a good turn for someone every day
Through Honorable Actions
Do you want to live with a strong sense of peacefulness, happiness,
goodness, and self-respect? The collection of happiness actions broadly
categorized as “honor” help you create this life of good feelings.
Who Is More Likely To Be
You can focus on the negative things in your life, or you can choose to
focus on the positives. One will bring happiness, while the other won't.
May the Budgie
of Happiness Sit on Your Head
Recognize there are consequences, but live with it. Let your motto be,
"Don't Postpone Joy." Make room for happiness, make time for play. Every