Some people get all the breaks.
Rebounding From Adversities
Most of you probably know the story below. But it is worth repeating and reading.
1. When he was 7 years old, his family was forced out of their home on
legal technicality, and he had to work to help support them.
2. At age 9, his mother died.
3. At 22, he lost his job as a store clerk. He wanted to go to law
school, but his education wasn't good enough.
4. At 23, he went into debt to become a partner in a small store.
5. At 26, his business partner died, leaving him a huge debt that took
years to repay.
6. At 28, after courting a girl for four years, he asked her to marry
him. She said no.
7. At 37, on his third try he was elected to Congress, but two years
later, he failed to be reelected.
8. At 41, his four-year-old son died.
9. At 45, he ran for the Senate and lost.
10. At 47, he failed as the vice-presidential candidate.
11. At 49, he ran for the Senate again, and lost.
12. At 51, he was elected president of the United States.
13. His name was Abraham Lincoln, a man many consider the greatest leader
the country ever had.