Holisticonline.com Recipes Infocenter
Okra and Lamb Stew
2 lb okra
2 lb lamb neck and shoulder, cut into 1-inch chunks.
1 lb eggplant
6 cups peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped tomatoes
1 green pepper, chopped into 1-inch chunks
1 cup chopped onions
3 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp coriander
2 tablespoon butter
1/4-1/2 cup oil
Freshly ground pepper and Salt
Juice of 1 lemon (optional)
1. Wash, trim, and dry okra. Cut okra into 1-inch chunks.
2. Peel eggplant, cut into 1-inch chunks, and sprinkle with salt. Set aside to
3. Melt butter and 2 tablespoons oil in large saucepan. Sauté onions until
lightly browned, then add garlic. Stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add lamb and brown. Stir in coriander, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper. Add
tomatoes. Bring stew to a boil, reduce heat, cover pan, and simmer for 30
5. While the lamp is being cooked, heat 1/4 cup oil in a large sauté pan.
Lightly sauté okra. Drain in a colander.
6. Brown eggplant, then pepper, adding additional oil if needed.
7. After lamb has been cooked for 30 minutes, add the vegetables (5 and 6) and
simmer for 50-60 minutes longer. Taste for seasonings and add lemon juice if
More Okra Recipes
More Articles on Food and Diet]
[Recipes Home][Great Reading][Holistic Living Home]
[ Nutrition Infocenter] [ Diet/Weight
Control Infocenter ][Holisticonline