2 cups pureed cooked
pumpkin or canned pumpkin
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup raisins
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg, well beaten (or egg whites from 2 eggs well beaten)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Add sugar slowly to butter or
margarine, beating until fluffy. Beat in egg and pumpkin.
2. Combine flour with remaining ingredients. Stir into pumpkin mixture, blending well.
3. Drop 1 teaspoonful of this mixture onto a greased baking
sheet 2 inches apart .
4. Bake in a preheated 350° F (175 deg
C) oven for about 12 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Place on a cake rack to cool.
About 72 (6 dozen) cookies.
Pureed Cooked Pumpkin