Carrot Walnut Raisin Cake
1-1/4 c. sifted flour
2-1/2 c. walnuts, divided
3 c. grated carrots
1-1/2 c. raisins
1 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
Cream cheese frosting
1 t. salt
1. Drop walnuts into boiling water. Boil 5-min. Drain well. Spread in shallow pan. Toast at 3500 for 15-20 min. until golden brown, stirring often.
Set aside 1/2 cup. of halves & large pieces for decoration. Chop remainder coarsely.
2. Resift flour. Mix with salt, baking soda & baking powder.
3. Beat eggs. Add sugar & oil while still beating. Add flour mixture. Mix till you get a smooth batter.
4. Stir in carrots, raisins, & chopped walnuts. Turn into greased 10-in. tube pan. Set pan on sheet of aluminum foil, cupping edges up around pan slightly, if pan has a removable bottom.
5. Bake at 350 degree F (175 deg C) for 60-65 min. or until cake is done. Cool in pan.
6. When cake is cold, remove from pan & spread with Cream Cheese Frosting. Decorate with walnut halves.
Makes one 10" cake.