4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch strips
8 8-inch flour tortillas
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2 tablespoons dry white wine or water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Salt and black pepper
Guacamole (optional, see recipe)
1. Wrap tortillas in foil. Place in cold oven; set temperature to
350'F (175 deg C).
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onion and garlic. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove vegetable mixture; set aside.
3. Add chicken to skillet; sprinkle with oregano. Cook 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally.
4. Return vegetable mixture (step 2) to skillet. Add wine. Season with salt and black pepper; cover. Continue cooking 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
5. Fill warm tortillas with chicken mixture; serve with
guacamole, if desired.
Makes 4 servings