Chicken Salad With Mint
4 skinless, boneless broiler-fryer chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
11/2 cups peeled, chopped apple
1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, sliced, drained
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In small bowl, mix together the lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken breast strips and marinate 30 minutes. Drain strips well, reserving marinade.
2. Pour olive oil into nonstick fry pan. Heat to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 7 minutes or until brown on both sides.
3. Place cooked chicken in large bowl. Add reserved marinade to fry pan. Heat for about 2 minutes. Scrape the drippings from pan and pour over the chicken strips.
4. Add apple, water chestnuts and yogurt-mint sauce to the chicken. Mix well. Chill thoroughly.
5. Serve on a lettuce leaf garnished with fresh mint and toasted slivers of almond.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Information (Per serving)
29 g protein
9.5 g total fat
1.25 g saturated fat
28 g carbohydrates
79 mg cholesterol
386 mg sodium