1 lb. (450 gm) carrots
2 eggs, beaten or substitute whites from 4 eggs, beaten to minimize cholesterol
1 medium-sized Spanish onion, peel and slice thin
1 tsp. flour
1 pint milk
butter if required (substitute extra olive oil if possible)
fresh ground black Pepper
1. Scrape and thinly slice the carrots. Sauté them in butter or olive oil until just tender.
2. Fry the peeled and thinly sliced onion separately. Combine it with the carrots.
3. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Gradually add the boiling milk (or you can use milk and water if you wish). Stir continuously with a wooden spoon. Cook until thick over a very gentle heat.
5. Add the beaten eggs just before serving and season to taste.