2 whole chickens cut into serving pieces
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 medium tomatoes, seeded coarsely chopped
2 to 3 cups chicken stock
2 cups coconut milk
2 to 3 tablespoons turmeric
Salt and pepper
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pot with a close-fitting lid. Brown the chicken in the
pot and remove.
3. Add the onions and garlic to the pot. Cook until the onions are slightly brown and wilted.
4. Place the browned chicken back in the pot with the onion and garlic mixture. Add the chicken stock and tomatoes. Cover the pot and simmer over low heat until the chicken is tender.
5. Combine the coconut milk with the turmeric and pour over the chicken.
6. Season with salt and pepper and bring just to boil.
Makes 4-6 Servings.