South American Chicken
4 Broiler-fryer chicken breast halves
1 Lemon, cut in half
1 can (20 ounces, 575 gms.) pineapple chunks, drained
2 firm Bananas, cut in chunks
2 salad Tomatoes, cut in wedges
1 Onion, cut in chunks
1 Green pepper, cut in chunks
2 tablespoons Chopped cilantro
2/3 cup Warmed chicken broth
1/2 cup Dry white wine
¼ cup Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1. Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and let it sit while oil heats.
2. In a large Dutch oven, place olive oil and heat over medium high temperature. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until brown, about 6 minutes. Turn chicken and reduce heat to medium.
3. Place onion and green pepper on top of chicken; cook about 10 minutes longer.
4. Place chicken on top of vegetables, sprinkle with salt, pepper and cilantro. Pour chicken broth and wine over all and simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
5. Add pineapple, bananas and tomatoes. Heat for an additional 5 minutes. Serve hot with rice.
Nutrition Information (Per Serving)
35 g protein
21 g total fat
3.3 g saturated fat
54 g carbohydrates
68 mg cholesterol
640 mg sodium