8 ounces bulk pork sausage (regular or spicy)
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried sage
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 package (16 ounces) prepared dry cornbread crumbs
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup chicken broth (see recipe)
1. In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium- high heat until no longer pink, stirring to separate meat.
2. Drain sausage on paper towels; set aside. Pour off grease from skillet.
3. Melt butter or margarine in the same skillet over medium heat until foamy. Cook and stir onions and garlic in butter until onions are softened, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in sage and poultry seasoning; cook 1 minute more.
5. Combine cornbread crumbs, sausage and onion mixture in large bowl.
Pour the broth over stuffing; toss lightly until evenly moistened.
Makes 12 cups stuffing