recipes, healthy foods, herbal teas, traditional recipes, crafts">
Losing That Extra Weight
Strategies for Successful Slimming
Body Intelligence Tips
1. Eat in a settled atmosphere.
2. Never eat when you are upset.
3. Always sit down to eat.
4. Eat only when you feel hungry.
5. Avoid ice-cold food and drink.
6. Don't talk while chewing your food.
7. Eat at a moderate pace, neither too fast nor too slow.
8. Wait until one meal is digested before eating the next (i.e., intervals of two to four hours for light meals, four to six for full meals).
9. Sip warm water with your meal.
10. Eat freshly cooked meals whenever possible.
11. Minimize raw foods-cooked food (preferably well- cooked) is much easier to digest.
12. Do not cook with honey-heated honey is considered to produce ama.
13. Drink milk separately from meals, either alone or with other sweet foods.
14. Experience all six tastes at every meal.
15. Leave one-third to one-quarter of your stomach empty to aid digestion.
16. Sit quietly for a few minutes after your meal.
Ayurveda suggests that food that is easiest to digest is best for you; a well-cooked food is preferred over raw, hot over cold, fresh over processed. Sitting briefly at the table after you are finished eating allows your body to settle into its digestive rhythms.
Another important principle of ayurveda is moderation. Consume moderate amounts of food at regular mealtimes. Leave one-third to one-quarter of your stomach empty at the end of your meal. Your digestive tract will work more efficiently on smaller portions, and your body will find it much easier to control its weight automatically.
Being satisfied is not the same as being stuffed. If you leave a little empty room in your stomach, you will feel light, buoyant, energetic, and much fresher an hour after you eat. That is how a properly eaten meal feels, leading naturally to a properly digested one.
Page] [Next Page]
[Holistic Living Home][Holisticonline
are developed and maintained
Send mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with
comments about this web site.
All Rights Reserved.